Herpetology is the branch of zoology concerned with the study of amphibians and reptiles. Frogs, toads, newts and salamanders are amphibians, while turtles, snakes, lizards, alligators and crocodiles are reptiles. An alligator is differentiated from crocodiles by the form of their jaw and teeth and I think that crocodiles look more menacing, as the fourth tooth on each side of the lower jaw sticks up over the upper lip, besides that they are bigger and they bite harder. Lizards are scaly-skinned reptiles and most of them have moveable eyelids and the three lizard species that are clinically venomous are the Komodo Dragon, Mexican Beaded Lizard, and the Gila Monster. Other lizards include iguanas, chameleons, geckos, monitors, and skinks. My cousin thinks that those lizards who puff out their throats are the creepiest ones. Snakes arose from lizards and are thus considered to be a highly specialized group of limbless lizards. Snakes are elongated, legless, carnivorous cold-blooded reptiles that have forked tongues, which they flick in different directions to smell their surroundings. Turtles are reptiles that are characterized by a special bony or cartilaginous shell developed from their ribs which acts as a shield to protect them. A turtle would always win a race against a snail, because it moves on four legs and a snail only has one foot.
Last week we had Domesticated Animals which included the prompts Bird/Cat/Dog/Fish/Pet. This week we have more animals, but not very cuddly ones that you would want around your house and we are using the prompts of Alligator/Crocodile/Lizard/Snake/Turtle. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it contains the prompt words or not. If it does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the Beatles song ‘Happiness Is a Warm Gun’. Next week I will be writing about the song ‘Clementine’ by Phil Lesh. The upcoming prompts will be:
December 13, 2020 – Apple/Banana/Cherry/Olive/Orange/Strawberry
December 20, 2020 – Circle/Polygon/Square/Triangle
December 27, 2020 – Odor/Scent/Smell/Taste
January 3, 2021 – PG (title of song must start with the letter P or G)