Animals make great companions, keeping people happy and entertained. A cat lover is called an ailurophile, while a dog lover is a cynophile, but some people love fish and others love birds, all in all having a pet can be therapeutic. “I say, hey (hey), you (you), get off of my cat”. Shirley Temple had Animal Crackers in her soup, while Simon & Garfunkel were at the zoo, Elvis Presley was trying to be your teddy bear and The Rolling Stones were riding high on a beast of burden. Tweety Bird was a yellow canary that tormented Sylvester. Dr. Evil was a parody of the James Bond villain Blofeld and he had a hairless cat named Mr. Bigglesworth in the Austin Powers movies. Nipper sat in front of a gramophone trying to decipher his master’s voice. The Great White shark in Jaws was named Bruce, but Nemo and Dory are my favorite fish.
Last week we had Spouse in the House with the prompts being Fiancé/Husband/Lover/Wife. This week we have the affectionate animal prompts of Bird/Cat/Dog/Fish/Pet. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it contains the prompt words or not. If it does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the Grateful Dead song ‘China Cat Sunflower’. Next week I will be writing about the song ‘Happiness Is a Warm Gun’ by the Beatles. The upcoming prompts will be:
December 6, 2020 – Alligator/Crocodile/Lizard/Snake/Turtle
December 13, 2020 – Apple/Banana/Cherry/Olive/Orange/Strawberry
December 20, 2020 – Circle/Polygon/Square/Triangle
December 27, 2020 – Odor/Scent/Smell/Taste