A male sibling is a brother and a female sibling is a sister. If your parents get remarried, you could end up with a stepbrother or stepsister, but they would not be your blood relative. Families can get complicated and people who have the same father but different mothers, or those that have the same mother, but different fathers are said to be half-brothers or half-sisters. If you want to hear about a convoluted family, check out the Dwight Latham and Moe Jaffe song ‘I’m My Own Grandpa’ which describes a very unlikely situation that was created by Mark Twain where he proved it would be possible for a man to become his own grandfather.
Last week we had O Canada, and everyone was asked to look for a song that features a Canadian artist or group and luckily, we did not get any Justin Bieber music. This week we have a prompt suggested by msjadeli of Tao Talk that goes back to the more normal prompt of Brother/Sibling/Sister. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it contains the prompt words or not. If it does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘Alice D. Millionaire’ by Grateful Dead. Next week I will be writing about the Cream song ‘Badge’. The upcoming prompts will be:
October 4, 2020 – User Choice where you can go your own way, or do your own thing
October 11, 2020 – Hold/Pause/Stop/Wait
October 18, 2020 – No/Yes
October 25, 2020 – Ghost/Pumpkin/Trick/Treat/Witch