The Canadian Music Hall of Fame was started in 1978 and it has celebrated over 50 Canadian individuals and groups who have attained commercial success while having an artistic impact on the music scene at home and/or around the world. Andy Kim, Barenaked Ladies, Sarah McLachlan, Alanis Morissette, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, k.d. lang, Shania Twain, Bryan Adams, Buffy Sainte-Marie, Rush, Leonard Cohen, The Band, The Guess Who, Gordon Lightfoot, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Paul Anka, Hank Snow, Guy Lombardo and many others have been inducted, so there is a lot of music here. Did you know that Nickelback and Justin Bieber are both from Canada? In 1999, Celine Dion was inducted into Canadian Broadcast Hall of Fame. Yes, there is such a thing as Canadian Music and the Great White North has spawned all types of music. Canadians have good Health Care, the people are nice and well-adjusted, but it is cold up there even in the Summer.
Last week we had Dissimilar Things, and everyone was asked to look for a song that features lyrics that include a contrast. This week we have another prompt that is very different, that being using a song that features a Canadian artist or group and I think this will be fun for everyone. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it contains the prompt words or not. If it does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘Constant Craving’ by k.d. lang. Next week I will be writing about the Grateful Dead song ‘Alice D. Millionaire’. The upcoming prompts will be:
September 27, 2020 – Brother/Sibling/Sister
October 4, 2020 – User Choice where you can go your own way, or do your own thing
October 11, 2020 – Hold/Pause/Stop/Wait
October 18, 2020 – No/Yes