I made a mistake by publishing this post a bit early this week, but I can’t put the toothpaste back in the tube now, so let’s just roll with it. It is always good to have a reference point, so that you know where you are came from, or where you are going to. Prepositions of place are used to describe the location of something relative to something else. Many objects are defined as being at a point, or in an area, or on a surface. When something is not very far away in distance, it would be nearby, next to, or beside you. When things are separated by space, then that means this thing is between two places, people or objects, or inside of a place, or within a region. Objects that are outside of a contained area, may be behind or in front, or above or below the area.
Last week we had Pronouncing Ls and that was used so I could talk about the prompt words of Clear/Dark/Light. This week we have some general words that are used to describe object placement, being Above/Below/Between and hopefully everyone will be able to find a song that utilizes one of these prompt words in the title or in the lyrics. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it contains the prompt words or not. If it does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the Grateful Dead song ‘Estimated Prophet’ this week. Next week I will be writing about the song ‘The Wicked Messenger’ by Bob Dylan. The upcoming prompts will be:
August 30, 2020 – Cruel/Evil/Horrible/Monster/Wicked
September 6, 2020 – Musical/Opera
September 13, 2020 – Contrasts
September 20, 2020 – Canadian music