The twelve zodiac signs are grouped into the four elements of air, earth, fire and water. Greek philosopher Empedocles wrote that the world was comprised of earth, air, fire and water. Later on, aether was added as the fifth element and some cultures called this the void. This is a bit different from the Bruce Willis movie, The Fifth Element. Sometimes you get five basic natural forces being fire, water, earth, sky and wind, but this could also be listed as fire, water, earth, air and spirit. Air is basically invisible, but we know it is there as we breathe air all the time and we need it to support life. It carries sounds and supports birds in flight. The earth is seen as anything that is material, physical, and tangible, and it is a stable source of support. Fire is intense and smoldering and if you play with fire you may get burnt. Water is fluid and it can be seen trickling from a fountain, or circling around in your toilet when you flush it. It rages in rivers, and it can freeze to become ice, or be heated to become steam.
Last week we had More and everyone was asked to find a song with the superlative related prompts of Best/Better/Good/Great. This week we have the element prompts of Air/Earth/Fire/Water and hopefully this will fit for everyone. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Attention – The Great Bloggers’ Bake-Off is taking place next week, which looks like a lot of fun, so try to join in with your best recipes and photos. Hey good lookin’, what you got cooking, how about cooking something up for me?
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not. If it does not fit, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the Willie Dixon song ‘Spoonful’ this week. Next week I will be writing about the song ‘Foolish Heart’ by the Grateful Dead. The upcoming prompts will be:
July 19, 2020 – Baking/Bread/Cake/Pie/Picnic Suggested by Caramel (Learner At Love) aka Melody
July 26, 2020 – Different/Same
August 2, 2020 – Acquire/Collect/Gather/Secure
August 9, 2020 – A song with a harmonica