Jack Black, Jack Daniels, Jack Frost, Jack Reacher and Jack Ruby all went up the hill to get some water. “Back off Jack”, said Little Jack Horner as he was playing jumping jacks. Jack Schitt was playing blackjack and he hit the jackpot, so now he could finally build that house that he always wanted. “Here’s Johnny”, is what Ed McMahon said on The Tonight Show to introduce Johnny Carson, but this phrase could also refer to the scene in The Shining where Jack Torrance a deranged writer played by Jack Nicholson peers through a hole in a door that he has just created with an axe.
Last week we had Mutt and Jeff where everyone was asked to find a song with a height or a size prompt using either Big/Large/Little/Small/Tall/Tiny. This week we have the name prompts of Jack/John and hopefully this will fit everyone. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not. If it does not fit, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the Paul Simon song ‘50 Ways to Leave Your Lover’ this week. Next week I will be writing about the song ‘Mary’s A Grand Old Name’ by George M. Cohan. The upcoming prompts will be:
June 21, 2020 – Maria/Marie/Mary
June 28, 2020 – Cool/Freeze/Heat/Melt
July 5, 2020 – Best/Better/Good/Great
July 12, 2020 – Air/Earth/Fire/Water