I would bet that there is a good chance John Holton remembers that 1969 Alka Seltzer commercial “That’s a spicy meatball!”. Little girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice. The Spice girls were leaders of girl power and there were five of them, Sporty, Baby, Scary, Posh, and Ginger. I always use Old Spice deodorant even though people say that variety is the spice of life. Spice makes things more interesting, exciting, enjoyable, and worthwhile. Kentucky Fried Chicken claims to be made from a blend of eleven secret herbs and spices. It is thought that Cornel Sanders used salt, thyme, basil, oregano, celery salt, black pepper, dried mustard, paprika, garlic salt, ground ginger and white pepper in this recipe.
Last week we had This Too Shall Pass where everyone was asked to find a song that had a termination prompt of End/Finish/Over/Stop. This week we have seasoning prompts Cinnamon/Mint/Parsley/Pepper/Rosemary/Sage/Salt/Thyme and hopefully this will leave a pleasant smell with all of us. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not. If it does not fit, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the Grateful Dead song ‘Mister Charlie’ this week. Next week I will be writing about the song ‘White Rabbit’ by the Jefferson Airplane. The upcoming prompts will be:
June 7, 2020 – Big/Large/Little/Small/Tall/Tiny
June 14, 2020 – Jack/John
June 21, 2020 – Maria/Marie/Mary
June 28, 2020 – Cool/Freeze/Heat/Melt