Just in time for the Memorial holiday weekend, most of the US is easing up lockdown restrictions, but it looks like the coronavirus is still spreading at an uncontrolled rate in 24 States. A dozen countries, including Italy and India, began to relax lockdowns, and Israel all but declared victory over the pandemic. Russia reported a daily record daily jump in deaths and Brazil now has the second-highest number of coronavirus cases in the world after US and their new health minister, Nelson Teich, quit after four weeks, because their President Jair Bolsonaro opposed lockdown measures. I could go out now and get my hair cut and my toenails clipped, but I am going to stay home. I will probably grill up some bratwurst.
Last week we had What Is Your Number where everyone was asked to find a song that includes a number and you all did a wonderful job with that prompt. This week we have the termination prompts of End/Finish/Over/Stop and I realize that most people are tired of being stuck inside, so this should be appropriate and hopefully this will work out for us. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not. If it does not fit, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the Sonny Boy Williamson song ‘Good Morning Little Schoolgirl’ this week. Next week I will be writing about the song ‘Mister Charlie’ by the Grateful Dead. The upcoming prompts will be:
May 31, 2020 – Cinnamon/Mint/Parsley/Pepper/Rosemary/Sage/Salt/Thyme
June 7, 2020 – Big/Large/Little/Small/Tall/Tiny
June 14, 2020 – Jack/John
June 21, 2020 – Maria/Marie/Mary