This is a bit out of the normal here today, as our Song Lyric Sunday prompt is a song that includes a number. The term “number” is often used to refer to a song from a musical, or any film or stage production that is accompanied with music. The word “number” eventually became a kind of slang or colloquial word that is used to represent a song, as the conductor would say, “Let’s have a little fun with that number.” The last musical number of an opera is called the finale. I am asking all the participants today to do a number on this prompt without going one toke over the line, or turning into a one-eyed purple people eater.
Last week we had Happy Relationships with the prompt Couple/Together/Us and that generated some great music. This week we have the somewhat different prompt of finding a song that includes a number and hopefully this will work out for us. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not. If it does not fit, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the Jefferson Airplane song ‘D.C.B.A.-25’ this week. Next week I will be writing about the song ‘Good Morning Little Schoolgirl’ by Sonny Boy Williamson. The upcoming prompts will be:
May 24, 2020 – End/Finish/Over/Stop
May 31, 2020 – Cinnamon/Mint/Parsley/Pepper/Rosemary/Sage/Salt/Thyme
June 7, 2020 – Big/Large/Little/Small/Tall/Tiny
June 14, 2020 – Jack/John