Stay at home orders seem to be working and the coronavirus lockdowns that require us to shelter-in-place to provide proper social distancing are saving lives and flattening the curve, slowing the spread so that fewer people are contracting the infectious disease. Anxiety is taking a toll on society because of the pandemic, and also since humans are social beings that don’t enjoy being cooped up, or having to stay isolated from others. Some symptoms may include sadness, irritability, edginess, depression, but for our own good, we must continue staying safe. The world has changed, and most likely it will never be the same, but we will survive and eventually this will be over.
Last week we had Familiar Place which was an unusual prompt and it was challenging. This week we have on Song Lyric Sunday Alone/Confined/Depressed/Isolated/Restless/Solo as the prompt words, a topic that seems to relate to the pandemic that we are all dealing with. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section. Everyone, please try to stay safe amid this current pandemic!
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not. If it does not fit, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about The Grateful Dead song ‘Feel Like A Stranger’ this week. Next week I will be writing about the song ‘Mexico’ by the Jefferson Airplane. The upcoming prompts will be:
May 3, 2020 – Burrito/Fajita/Mexican/Tequila
May 10, 2020 – Couple/Together/Us
May 17, 2020 – Song that includes a number
May 24, 2020 – End/Finish/Over/Stop