The town that you live in eventually becomes your hometown. The place where you grew up, or where you spent the largest portion of your childhood, or some place that you have visited extensively, a location where you have fond memories of can also be considered your home town. It could also be the place where your mail arrives, that is if you are not using a PO box. Your address is more of a general term, but your current place of residence means that you actually live there. You would reside in a dwelling or a home, that is if you are not living in a cardboard box out on skid row.
Last week we had Precious Gems using Diamond/Emerald/Jade/Pearl/Ruby/Sapphire, and that prompt was pretty cool with all the neat songs that it developed. This week we have Home Town or City and this may be more challenging, because it is different from the usual prompts that we have here on Song Lyric Sunday. Pick a place that you consider to be your home town or city, or some place that you relate to and then try to find a song that mentions it. It may be more difficult, but it may also lead to a lot more fun. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section. Everyone, please try to stay safe amid this current pandemic!
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not. If it does not fit, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about The Rolling Stones song ‘Shattered’ this week. Next week I will be writing about the song ‘Feel Like A Stranger’ by the Grateful Dead. The upcoming prompts will be:
April 26, 2020 – Alone/Confined/Depressed/Isolated/Restless/Solo
May 3, 2020 – Burrito/Fajita/Mexican/Tequila
May 10, 2020 – Couple/Together/Us
May 17, 2020 – Song that includes a number