I hope the Easter Bunny fills everyone’s basket with some rare gems like Taaffeite, Benitoite, Tanzanite, Poudretteite, Jadeite, Red Beryl, Black Opal, Grandidierite, Benitoite, or Tanzanite this Easter, as that would be better than getting chocolates. Gemstones can be quite expensive as Sapphires can come as cheap as $25 per carat, but they could cost over $11,000 per carat, Emeralds go around $800 per carat, Pearls average about $900 per carat, Tanzanite going for $1,200 per carat, Black Opal going for $9,500 per carat, Red Beryl going for $10,000 per carat, Musgravite going for $35,000 per carat, Alexandrite going for $70,000 per carat, Emerald going for $305,000 per carat, Ruby going for $1.18 million per carat, Pink Diamond going for $1.19 million per carat, Jadeite the rarer, more valuable form of jade going for $3 million per carat and the Blue Diamond going for $3.93 million per carat. I want to thank Felicia for contributing this prompt today and for contributing all of the prompts in March, and while I am at it I need to thank Paula for last week’s prompt.
Last week we had Limit Gatherings using Birthday/Cake/Gift/Party/Surprise, and that prompt worked out real nice. This week we have Diamond/Emerald/Jade/Pearl/Ruby/Sapphire and I hope that everyone will be able to find a song that uses one of these prompt words. Make sure that you have fun while you are doing this. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section. Everyone, please try to stay safe amid this current pandemic!
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not. If it does not fit, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the Grateful Dead song ‘Dark Star’ this week. Next week I will be writing about the song ‘Shattered’ by The Rolling Stones. The upcoming prompts will be:
April 19, 2020 – Home Town or City where you were born, or where lived in, or some place that you relate to
April 26, 2020 – Alone/Confined/Depressed/Isolated/Restless/Solo
May 3, 2020 – Burrito/Fajita/Mexican/Tequila
May 10, 2020 – Couple/Together/Us