You say that it is your birthday, well I had mine last month and believe me less than ten people showed up to celebrate it with me. I did get a cake and a card with a check in it and that was a much-appreciated gift. There was no surprise and no party, but that is the new normal now. Worst of all, Marilyn Monroe did not show up to sing “Happy Birthday, Mr. President” to me. I read that Marilyn’s dress was so tight-fitting that she had difficulty putting it on, so she wore nothing under it, and in 2016, it was sold at an auction for $4.8 million.
Last week we had Senses using Touch/Feel, and that worked out. This week we have Birthday/Cake/Gift/Party/Surprise and I think that everyone should be able to find a song that uses one of these prompt words. Make sure that you have fun while you are doing this. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section. Everyone, please try to stay safe amid this current pandemic!
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not. If it does not fit, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the Beatles/George Harrison song ‘It’s All Too Much’ this week. Next week I will be writing about the song ‘Dark Star’ by the Grateful Dead. The upcoming prompts will be:
April 12, 2020 – Diamond/Emerald/Jade/Pearl/Ruby/Sapphire
April 19, 2020 – Home Town or City where you were born or once lived in
April 26, 2020 – Alone/Confined/Depressed/Isolated/Restless/Solo
May 3, 2020 – Burrito/Fajita/Mexican/Tequila