I had to schedule this post in advance, since I can’t be here today because I am attending a funeral, but when I get back, I will read everyone’s post. This is the first time that I had to schedule a post, so I hope that this works out for me, allowing me to keep Song Lyric Sunday going while I am away. A duet is a musical composition for two performers in which the performers sing in unison and have equal importance to the piece. Most people think of a duet as one part being a melody and a secondary part that harmonizes with that melody. As long as there has been singing, there has probably been some kind of duet music. The earliest vocal duets, as we think of them today, began with opera in the early 1600s. Composers quickly discovered that vocal duets work best with some kind of high voice/low voice combination. The most popular pairings are soprano and alto, soprano and tenor, and tenor with bass.
Last week we went with the abnormal prompt of Tom/Dick/Harry, and it produced some real great and surprising music. This week we have Duet, so you should look for songs that are sung as duets. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, as you will probably find many enjoyable songs. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Show the lyrics, but most important, make sure that you have fun. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not. If it does not fit, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the Elton John & Kiki Dee duet song ‘Don’t Go Breaking My Heart’ this week. Next week I will be writing about the song ‘Help on The Way’ by the Grateful Dead. The upcoming prompts will be:
February 2, 2020 – Babe/Cutie/Doll/Honey/Sweetie
February 9, 2020 – I/Me/Them/Us/You/We
February 16, 2020 – Come/Go/Leave/Stay
February 23, 2020 – Ankles/Hands/Feet/Fingers/Toes/Wrists