Why do I like saying the word lasagna and why on Earth do I know that Garfield likes eating lasagna because he thinks that the wavy edges of the noodles resemble a woman’s labia? I had lasagna for dinner last night, but you don’t need to know that, because this post is not about Italian food. If anything, this post is more about the French, like in their saying, “Ooh la, la” or possibly “ô là! Là”, which is said when you think that something or someone is surprising, unusual, or sexually attractive and this is often said in a humorous manner. La is part of à la carte, which is a place that serves food which can be ordered as separate items, rather than being part of a set meal. In the movie Sound of Music, Maria is improvising on the spot to teach the children the names of the musical notes and she sings, “La a note to follow so” and the song ‘Do-Re-Mi’ comes from the 1959 Rodgers and Hammerstein musical. The children learn solfège (study of singing and musicianship as each note of the music scale is associated with a particular syllable) and these notes are linked with homophones.
I am sure that it will be easy to find a song for La being used as this week’s prompt. Think about the musical note, not the abbreviation for Los Angeles. We are all here to have some more fun and listen to some enjoyable music. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, as you will probably find many enjoyable songs. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Show the lyrics, but most important, make sure that you have fun. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not. If it does not fit, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the Van Morrison song ‘Caravan’ this week. Next week I will be writing about the song ‘Stuck in the Middle With You’ by Stealers Wheel. The upcoming prompts will be:
January 12, 2020 – Bottom/End/Middle/Side/Top
January 19, 2020 – Written or sung by Tom/Dick/Harry or including one of these names in the lyrics
January 26, 2020 – Duets
February 2, 2020 – Babe/Cutie/Doll/Honey/Sweetie