I have a warm and fuzzy feeling that there is going to be some great songs on SLS this weekend and I am waiting for all of your contributions, hoping that they will create some kind of a neurochemical euphoria for me. I am certain that you will provide blasts from the past, as there is so much music that’s reserved exclusively for Christmas. Even if you don’t think that this is the best time of the year, you will still have to agree that it is the most unique time and it is filled with celebrations. There is nothing like a great Christmas song that gets stuck in your head and makes you think about Santa, elves, snow and cookies. A new study just revealed that 36 percent of holiday music fans are between the ages of 18 and 34, which includes a lot of millennials and a few post-millennials also and I thought that they only liked HipHop and Rap music. I want to express my gratitude to all the troops who are not able to get home for Christmas
I am sure that it will be easy to find a song for Christmas/Holiday/Snowman which is being used as this week’s prompt. We are all here to have some more fun and listen to some enjoyable music. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, as you will probably find many enjoyable songs. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Show the lyrics, but most important, make sure that you have fun. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not. If it does not fit, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the duo Méav and Órla of Celtic Woman song ‘Do You Hear What I Hear?’ this week. Next week I will be writing about the song ‘Kansas City’ by Leiber and Stoller. The upcoming prompts will be:
December 29, 2019 – Crazy
January 5, 2020 – La
January 12, 2020 – Bottom/End/Middle/Side/Top
January 19, 2020 – Written or sung by Tom/Dick/Harry