I expect to get showered this week with songs that contain baby in them, whether it is in the title of a song or just one of the lyrics. The word baby may be the most overused lyric ever in a song. In the movie Planes Trains and Automobiles, Steve Martin was dreaming about being back in his baby’s arms and when they both woke up John Candy said that his other arm was in between two pillows. I am not going to explain that, as you will have to watch the movie. Michelle Pfeiffer in the 1983 movie Scarface said, “Don’t call me baby! I’m not your baby”. Matthew Lillard played the character Brock Hudson in the 1999 romantic comedy film She’s All That and he said, “Give it to me baby”. I think that I might go to Chili’s to get some baby back ribs, but I will have to hurry because she is having my baby.
I am sure that it will be easy t find a song for this week’s prompt being Baby. We are all here to have some more fun and listen to some enjoyable music. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, as you will probably find many enjoyable songs. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Show the lyrics, but most important, make sure that you have fun. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not. If it does not fit, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the Ronettes song ‘Be My Baby’ this week. Next week I will be writing about the song ‘Do You Hear What I Hear?’ by duo Méav and Órla of Celtic Woman. The upcoming prompts will be:
December 22, 2019 – Christmas/Holiday/Snowman
December 29, 2019 – Crazy
January 5, 2020 – La
January 12, 2020 – Bottom/End/Middle/Side/Top