Stand on your legs, get down on your knees, wave your arms and bend at your elbows. Cats are quadrupeds, meaning they walk on all four limbs. Some people say that because they have four legs, cats have four knees. Cats have patellas, or kneecaps, on their hind legs, but they don’t have these kneecaps on their front legs, making a case for cats having two elbows and two knees. Their front pair of legs collapse forward, much like a human arm does, while their back legs collapse backward, like human legs. On a cat’s forelimbs, there is an ankle and an elbow. Their ankle is just above their toes and they are fairly similar to human wrists. The wrist on your cat’s front legs bends similarly to the knees on their back legs. Human arms have pretty much the same bones and joints as the front legs in dogs and cats. You can’t classify anything as an arm if it doesn’t have a hand on the end of it, so cats have four legs.
Last week the eyes had it, with almost everybody who chose to participate contributed songs about eyes with the prompt being Chin/Ears/Eyes/Face/Mouth/Nose. I am hoping that responses will be more evenly distributed with this week’s prompt being Arms/Elbows/Knees/Legs. We are all here to have some fun and listen to some enjoyable music. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, as I am sure that you will find them to be enjoyable. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Show the lyrics, but most important, make sure that you have fun. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not. If it does not fit, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the Bob Dylan song ‘She Belongs to Me’ this week. Next week I will be writing about the song ‘Be My Baby’ by the Ronettes. The upcoming prompts will be:
December 15, 2019 – Baby
December 22, 2019 – Christmas/Holiday/Snowman
December 29, 2019 – Crazy
January 5, 2020 – La