Food, football and beer, (maybe I should have said family, but I will stick with beer) what more could I ask for? I will be making cornbread stuffing and my famous broccoli and cheese, which some people call green cheese. I buy the florets and I chop as much of the stems off of them as I can possibly do. I let them steam and while they are getting nice and soft, I make my white sauce, which consists of melted butter and then the flour is added, and continuously whisked and finally the milk is mixed in. This white sauce is used to make my extra sharp cheddar cheese sauce. Once the broccoli has been steamed, I mix breadcrumbs into it and then the cheese sauce is mixed and the casserole is baked. OK, I am hungry now, how about you?
In case you have not guessed it yet, the Song Lyric Sunday prompt is food related this week, because of the Thanksgiving holiday that is approaching. I think that everyone will have a lot of fun with this one being Bounty/Dessert/Eat/Feast/Food/Hungry/Turkey. Last week Did/Didn’t/Do/Don’t/Does/Doesn’t, triggered some real interesting songs. Let’s have some more fun today. I always enjoy seeing all the different songs that everyone contributes, so share your music with others and listen to the music that the others come up with. SLS should be more than just posting a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Post a video, show the lyrics, but most important, make sure that you have fun. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not. If it does not fit, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the Dee Dee Sharp song ‘Mashed Potato Time’ this week. Next week I will be writing about the song ‘Aqualung’ by Jethro Tull. The upcoming prompts will be:
December 1, 2019 – Chin/Ears/Eyes/Face/Mouth/Nose
December 8, 2019 – Arms/Elbows/Knees/Legs
December 15, 2019 – Baby
December 22, 2019 – Christmas/Holiday/Snowman