Last week I talked about experiencing a commenting glitch here on WordPress and I said that maybe the worm in the badge should have a name. The commenting glitch has been resolved along with the issue that I was having with pingbacks not showing up, they should mow automatically track back to this page, but you should probably check to confirm that your pingback is there. I held a poll which is closed now and Santana got 5 votes, Pickled Pete got three and Izzy, Sly and Sunrise each received one, giving the worm the name of Santana.
As always, this challenge is a lot of fun for me, because I enjoy seeing all the different songs that everyone contributes. Song Lyric Sunday is mostly about having fun and sharing your music with others and being able to listen to the music that others come up with. Not everyone on WordPress is a writer, but I feel that SLS should be more than just posting a video, so try to do some research and let everyone know what year the song was written, who wrote it, and other tidbits like did it make the charts or not. Post a video, show the lyrics, but most important, make sure that you have fun. This week the prompt is Lost/Found/Hide/Seek. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and since I won’t need to approve your pingbacks any more, this will work out better for all of us, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not. If it does not fit, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘Old Man Down the Road’ by John Fogerty this week. Next week I will write about ‘Been All Around This World’ by the Grateful Dead. The upcoming prompts will be:
November 3, 2019 – Around/Down/Sideways/Up
November 10, 2019 – Could/Might/Should/Would
November 17, 2019 – Did/Didn’t/Do/Don’t/Does/Doesn’t
November 24, 2019 – Bounty/Desert/Eat/Feast/Food/Hungry/Turkey