My mom always told me to stand up straight, sit up properly and not to slough. I sit at my computer for prolonged periods of time reading other posts and writing. I would love to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa one day, even though that story about Galileo dropping objects from the top to test gravity was probably made up. I hope to get to all of your posts this week, but I have been experiencing a glitch here on WordPress that is preventing me from making comments on some of them. Last week the prompt Drifter/Loner/Transient/Vagabond was difficult, at least I thought, but you all came up with some wonderful songs. This week we have Lean/Sit/Stand for a prompt. I was thinking that the worm in the badge could use a name and if you have any suggestions, shout them out.
I have fun with this challenge every week, as I enjoy seeing all the different songs that everyone contributes. Song Lyric Sunday is mostly about having fun and sharing your music with others and being able to listen to the music that others come up with. I realize that not everyone on WordPress is a writer, but I would like you to try and tell a story about the song that you select. Let everyone know what year the song was written, who wrote it, did it make the charts? Post a video, show the lyrics, but most important, make sure that you have fun. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and please be patient, and wait for me to approve your pingbacks, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not. If it does not fit, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post will eventually work, as long as you are being patient, but you can also place your link in the comments if you don’t like to wait.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again’ by Bob Dylan this week. Next week I will write about ‘Old Man Down the Road’ by John Fogerty. The upcoming prompts will be:
October 27, 2019 – Lost/Found/Hide/Seek
November 3, 2019 – Around/Down/Sideways/Up
November 10, 2019 – Could/Might/Should/Would
November 17, 2019 – Did/Didn’t/Do/Don’t/Does/Doesn’t