This is what I came up with for the new Song Lyric Sunday badge, however it has not had that many positive reviews. I spent a lot of time working on it and it took me quite a while to teach the worm how to play guitar. We had it really easy the past two weeks, with train songs followed by truck and bus songs and many awesome songs were submitted. I picked what I feel is the most challenging theme that we have encountered so far, which is Drifter/Loner/Transient/Vagabond, but I know how well you all know music, so I am sure that this will work for many of you. I think if you find a song about a recluse, that would work out well and if this is too difficult, then there are many songs about being alone or being lonely that will also work. Marilyn Monroe said, “Sometimes good things fall apart, so better things can fall together.”
I have fun with this challenge every week, as I enjoy seeing all the different songs that everyone contributes. Song Lyric Sunday is mostly about having fun and sharing your music with others and being able to listen to the music that others come up with. I realize that not everyone on WordPress is a writer, but I would like you to try and tell a story about the song that you select. Let everyone know what year the song was written, who wrote it, did it make the charts? Post a video, show the lyrics, but most important, make sure that you have fun. This week the prompt is more difficult, but that may make it more fun and we do have some easier themes heading our way. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and please be patient, and wait for me to approve your pingbacks, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not. If it does not fit, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
• Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post will eventually work, as long as you are being patient, but you can also place your link in the comments if you don’t like to wait.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘Moon River’ by Audrey Hepburn this week. Next week I will write about ‘Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again’ by Bob Dylan. The upcoming prompts will be:
October 20, 2019 – Lean/Sit/Stand
October 27, 2019 – Lost/Found/Hide/Seek
November 3, 2019 – Around/Down/Sideways/Up
November 10, 2019 – Could/Might/Should/Would