Hans Christian Andersen wrote about an emperor getting some new clothes, but they were only real in his mind and everyone thought he was a nudist. I used to spend a fair amount of money on clothing, but now I wear the same stuff every day. People will judge you by the clothes you wear, just like they have a tendency to judge a book by its cover, but I am no longer looking to impress anyone. Women are more fashion-conscious than men and women’s clothing styles change every year, forcing them to update their wardrobes, so they won’t appear to be behind the times. Most women try to stay in fashion because they like to look good, but fashion changes people and since that is constantly evolving, I never threw out my bellbottoms or my love beads. Since society just about all but demands that we all wear clothes, you might as well be styling.
I have fun with this challenge every week, as I enjoy seeing all the different songs that everyone will come up with. Song Lyric Sunday is mostly about having fun and sharing your music with others. Tell a story, post a video, show the lyrics, but most important, make sure that you have fun. This week the prompt is Clothing/Hat/Pants/Scarf/Shirt/Shoes/Tie and I feel that everyone should be able to find a song that fits this clothing theme. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and please be patient, and wait for me to approve your pingbacks, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not. If it does not fit, then please explain why you chose this song.
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
- Ping back to this post will eventually work, as long as you are being patient, but you can also place your link in the comments if you don’t like to wait.
- Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
- Feel free to suggest future prompts.
- Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘These Boots Are Made For Walking’ by Nancy Sinatra this week. Next week I will write about ‘Casey Jones’ by the Grateful Dead. The upcoming prompts will be:
September 29, 2019 – Train songs
October 6, 2019 – Bus/Truck/Lorry
October 13, 2019 – Drifter/Loner/Vagabond
October 20, 2019 – Lean/Sit/Stand