As I mentioned last week, music blogger Badfinger Max at PowerPop wrote several posts about songs that referenced the Beatles or John Lennon and this gave me the idea for this week’s theme, which is to write about a song that references another group in it. I have not done a search on this, but I am certain that songs are out there which will match this theme. One thing that I do know is that the Bob Dylan song ‘Like A Rollin’ Stone’ was not written about the Rolling Stones. Every week I am impressed with your knowledge of music and ability to come up with diverse songs that I would never have thought of.
I feel that everyone should be able to find a song that features another group or artist in it. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and please be patient, and wait for me to approve your pingbacks, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not.
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
- Ping back to this post will eventually work, as long as you are being patient, but you can also place your link in the comments if you don’t like to wait.
- Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
- Feel free to suggest future prompts.
- Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘Rock & Roll Heaven’ by the Righteous Brothers this week. Next week I will write about ‘Sweet Baby James’ by James Taylor. The upcoming prompts will be:
August 25, 2019 – Dream/Lullaby/Sleep
September 1, 2019 – Cowboy/Gun/Hat/Horse/Western
September 8, 2019 – Bird/Fly/Sky/Wing
September 15, 2019 – Floor/House/Roof/Walls