I never participated in a Fibbing Friday before, but I have a few minutes, so why not. Di at pensitivity101 asks:
- Why do we say we blow raspberries?
2. Why did Peter Piper pick peppers?
3. Why DID the chicken cross the road?
4. The mouse ran up the clock, but what for?
5. How many steps are there in a staircase?
6. Why did the Owl and the Pussycat go to sea?
7. The house in the forest Hansel and Gretel found wasn’t made of candy. What was it made of?
8. How do you cheat and get away with it?
9. What will you do with fifty shades of grey?
10. What’s green with trotters?
- I know that I am supposed to make up a fib, bet we say blow raspberries because that is how they are given. This is also known as a Bronx cheer and you stick your tongue between your lips and try to make a vibrating sound by flapping your lips. This works real well on a child’s belly and it always gets them to laugh. As Humphrey Bogart once said, “You know how to whistle, don’t you? You just put your lips together and blow”.
- Peter Piper picked peppers, because he got tired of picking his nose.
- The chicken crossed the road because Isaac Newton said that chickens at rest usually stay at rest and chickens in motion tend to cross roads and this also may have been a way to prove the Intermediate Value Theorem.
- The mouse that ran up the clock was one of the three blind mice, so this was his only method of telling time.
- Typically a case of beer contains 24 bottles or cans, so why should a case of stairs be any different.
- The Owl and the Pussycat were besties and the owl really wanted to go, as most pussycats are afraid of water, but the owl assured his friend that he would keep his eyes peeled for any trouble.
- Hansel and Gretel found a house made of metal and there was a lot of heavy metal music playing inside.
- If you keep your mouth shut, then you can cheat and get away with it, but what is the fun in that.
- If I had 50 shade of grey, I would place them in the White Room, because it is too bright.
- WTF are trotters? Ok I will make something up, since things become green with envy, dating Envy’s sister Trotters will make her turn green also.