Wow, that was a lot of fun last week for me getting to read all the wonderful songs that everybody came up with for the movie theme in Song Lyric Sunday. I want to thank all of the participants who come back faithfully every week. I feel that we should do that again sometime and I expect this week’s TV theme to be just as much fun. Mechanical television sets started appearing in the early 1800s and they were rudimentary devices that were capable of scanning images then transmitting those images onto a screen. The first electronic television was invented in 1927, by a 21 year old inventor named Philo Taylor Farnsworth who lived in a house without electricity until he was 14. Nobody really had a TV set till after World War II and as late as 1947, only a few thousand Americans owned televisions, then it slowly spread out across the country. My dad used his GI Bill of Rights to go to RCA school after the war and he became a service technician, so I have had a TV set in my house for my whole life.
This week you can write about either the TV show or the song, or both. Everyone should be able to find a song that is featured in a TV show and works with this prompt. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and please be patient, and wait for me to approve your pingbacks, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not.
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
- Ping back to this post will eventually work, as long as you are being patient, but you can also place your link in the comments if you don’t like to wait.
- Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
- Feel free to suggest future prompts.
- Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘Ballad of Paladin’ from the TV show Have Gun Will Travel this week. Next week I will write about ‘Ramble on Rose’ from the Grateful Dead. The upcoming prompts will be:
August 11, 2019 – Song that includes somebody famous in it
August 18, 2019 – Song that references another group in it
August 25, 2019 – Dream/Lullaby/Sleep
September 1, 2019 – Cowboy/Gun/Hat/Horse/Western