This weekend we relax and discuss the movies on Song Lyric Sunday. Sit back on the couch as we discuss songs that are in movies. Did you know that according to the American Film Institute the top movie song ever is ‘Over the Rainbow’, from the 1939 movie The Wizard of Oz, and from the same movie ‘Ding Dong the Witch Is Dead’ came in at #82. This is sung by Judy Garland who plays a Kansas farm girl named Dorothy Gale and it was voted to be the top song by about 1,500 actors, filmmakers, writers, critics and others in Hollywood. Seeing a film with friends is not only fun, it remains an important ritual for many of us, because we are able to learn things while we get entertained from them. Films can shape the way we’re making sense of the world we’re living in right now, regardless of the period they’re set in. Watching a movie can help you to relieve stress and allow you to process difficult life lessons.
This week you can write about either the movie or the song, or both. Everyone should be able to find a song that is featured in a movie and works with this prompt. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and please be patient, and wait for me to approve your pingbacks, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not.
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
- Ping back to this post will eventually work, as long as you are being patient, but you can also place your link in the comments if you don’t like to wait.
- Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
- Feel free to suggest future prompts.
- Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘The Good, the Bad and the Ugly’ from the movie of the same name. this week. Next week I will write about the ‘Ballad of Paladin’ from the TV show Have Gun Will Travel. The upcoming prompts will be:
August 4, 2019 – Song from a TV show
August 11, 2019 – Song that includes somebody famous in it
August 18, 2019 – Song that references another group in it
August 25, 2019 – Dream/Lullaby/Sleep