Paula Light of Light Motifs II creating order out of chaos, and vice versa mentioned that she is attending the wedding of her eldest daughter Diane this weekend and she asked if it was possible for the Song Lyric Sunday prompt to be wedding. I told Paula that she could have her cake and eat it too and made it Wedding/Marry/Diamond/Ring/Cake. A marriage is a long term relationship between two individuals, where as a wedding is the ceremony for those that get married. To me a wedding is a party that includes the reception, but it is not the bridal shower or the honeymoon. If you are going to a wedding it is always a good idea to dress in best clothes and women should wear dresses while men should wear a suit. A wedding is a big deal that involves wedding planners and wedding etiquette.
I think that everyone will be able to work with this prompt and find something. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and please be patient, and wait for me to approve your pingbacks, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not.
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
- Ping back to this post will eventually work, as long as you are being patient, but you can also place your link in the comments if you don’t like to wait.
- Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
- Feel free to suggest future prompts.
- Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘Wedding Bell Blues’ by the 5th Dimension this week. Next week I will write about the instrumental piece ‘The Good, the Bad and the Ugly’ from the movie of the same name. The upcoming prompts will be:
July 28, 2019 – A song featured prominently in a movie
August 4, 2019 – Song from a TV show
August 11, 2019 – Song that includes somebody famous in it
August 18, 2019 – Song that references another group in it