This is a repeating cycle of animals each year that relates to a different animal sign. The 12-year cycle is an approximation to the 11.85-year orbital period of Jupiter. There is a story about the Jade Emperor who holds this great race that decides what order the animals will make it into the Zodiac, by racing across a river. The rat won the race and the pig came in last, so the pig is the twelfth of the 12-year cycle of animals which appear in Chinese zodiac. 2019 is the year of the pig. Pigs are diligent, compassionate, and generous and are said to have great concentration, thus once they set a goal, they will devote all their energy to achieving it. Pigs rarely seek help from others, although they will not refuse to give others a hand. Pigs never suspect trickery, so they are easily fooled. Bing Crosby had a different opinion when he said that, “A pig is an animal with dirt on his face. His shoes are a terrible disgrace. He has no manners when he eats his food. He’s fat and lazy and extremely rude.”
Anyway Zodiac animals being Rat/Ox/Tiger/Rabbit/Dragon/Snake/Horse/Sheep/Monkey/ Rooster/Dog/Pig is our Song Lyric Sunday theme this week. I think that everyone will be able to work with this prompt and find something. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and please be patient, and wait for me to approve your pingbacks, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not.
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
- Ping back to this post will eventually work, as long as you are being patient, but you can also place your link in the comments if you don’t like to wait.
- Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
- Feel free to suggest future prompts.
- Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘Wharf Rat’ by the Grateful Dead this week. Next week I will write about the song ‘Barracuda’ by Heart. The upcoming prompts will be:
July 14, 2019 – Haunted/Magic/Mystery/Supernatural/Trick
July 21, 2019 – Wedding/Marry/Diamond/Ring/Cake
July 28, 2019 – A song featured prominently in a movie
August 4, 2019 – Song from a TV show