To be a good reporter, you need to gather the ingredients and mix them together and them let them bake, so your story will rise. The character Sgt. Joe Friday on Dragnet, was known for saying, “Just the facts ma’am”, which probably prevented a lot of women from rambling on, but it takes more than facts to create something that is worth reading. I am not sure who was the better reporter Clark Kent or Lois Lane, but I think they were both described as being ace reporters, because they were able to deliver fascinating stories. Neither one of them ever received the Pulitzer prize for journalism, but that would be rare for any fictional character. Being a journalist is an important job even though Trump says it is all Fake News, but it is not always easy, as 94 journalists were killed on the job in 2018. In 1981 the Committee to Protect Journalists was founded, which is an American independent non-profit, non-governmental organization.
It is important to tell the truth when you are a journalist, but it is also important to get all the facts by asking questions and finding out Who/What/When/Where/Why/How, which is our theme this week for Song Lyric Sunday. I am sure that everyone will be able to work with this prompt and find something. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and please be patient, and wait for me to approve your pingbacks, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not.
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
- Ping back to this post will eventually work, as long as you are being patient, but you can also place your link in the comments if you don’t like to wait.
- Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
- Feel free to suggest future prompts.
- Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘When I’m Sixty Four’ by the Beatles this week. Next week I will write about the song ‘Wharf Rat’ by the Grateful Dead. The upcoming prompts will be:
July 7, 2019 – Zodiac animals those being a Rat/Ox/Tiger/Rabbit/Dragon/Snake/Horse/Sheep/ Monkey/Rooster/Dog/Pig
July 14, 2019 – Haunted/Magic/Mystery/Supernatural/Trick
July 21, 2019 – Wedding/Marry/Diamond/Ring/Cake
July 28, 2019 – A song featured prominently in a movie