Try your luck and place a bet, it is a risk, but you cannot win if you don’t get in. A good friend of mine had a pretty serious gambling problem and he became the bookie for a group of us that liked to gamble on football games. I hit a lucky streak that year and won 15 five time parlays in a row. Since a five time parlay paid $70, I won just over a grand. I was golden, whatever team I picked covered the spread. He paid up, but he became really depressed, because he thought that the house always wins, but luck was not on his side. This guy named Billy went to a Gamblers Anonymous meeting, seeking help for his problem. While he was at the meeting, someone picked his pocket and stole his wallet.
Gambling is fun only when you win. This week’s Song Lyric Sunday theme should be real easy, as there are a lot of songs that involve Cards/Dice/Gamble/Lose/Win and I am sure that everyone will be able to find something. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and please be patient, and wait for me to approve your pingbacks, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not.
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
- Ping back to this post will eventually work, as long as you are being patient, but you can also place your link in the comments if you don’t like to wait.
- Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
- Feel free to suggest future prompts.
- Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘Stagger Lee’ a traditional song made popular by Lloyd Price this week. Next week I will write about the song ‘When I’m Sixty Four’ by the Beatles. The upcoming prompts will be:
June 30, 2019 – Who/What/When/Where/Why/How
July 7, 2019 – Zodiac animals those being a Rat/Ox/Tiger/Rabbit/Dragon/Snake/Horse/Sheep/ Monkey/Rooster/Dog/Pig
July 14, 2019 – Haunted/Magic/Mystery/Supernatural/Trick
July 21, 2019 – Wedding/Marry/Diamond/Ring/Cake