Dear old dad just got another coffee mug with the words “World’s Greatest Dad” printed on it, which he does not need, because he already had three others with the same saying along with a tee-shirt and a hat. Robin Williams played the High School poetry teacher, would be writer Lance Clayton in the 2009 movie World’s Greatest Dad and he said, “The worst thing in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone.” Lance quotes Ernest Hemingway saying that all he wanted to do was write one good sentence. His son Kyle is a jackass and when his dad asks him about music, he says that he hates it and the only thing worse than music is people who like it, so I guess he will not be showing up here today for Song Lyric Sunday.
Nothing says Father’s Day like a backyard barbecue, family, beer and some good eating. All dads love to grill, so get some hearty cuts of meat or maybe lobster tails. This week’s theme may be more difficult than others that we had in the past, but anyway our prompt for this week is Dad/Father/Barbecue and I hope that everyone will be able to find something. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and please be patient, and wait for me to approve your pingbacks, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not.
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
- Ping back to this post will eventually work, as long as you are being patient, but you can also place your link in the comments if you don’t like to wait.
- Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
- Feel free to suggest future prompts.
- Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘Let Me In’ written by Gene Crysler and sung by Porter Wagoner this week. Next week I will write about the song ‘Stagger Lee’ by Lloyd Price. The upcoming prompts will be:
June 23, 2019 – Cards/Dice/Gamble/Lose/Win
June 30, 2019 – Who/What/When/Where/Why/How
July 7, 2019 – Zodiac animals those being a Rat/Ox/Tiger/Rabbit/Dragon/Snake/Horse/Sheep/Monkey/Rooster/Dog/Pig
July 14, 2019 – Haunted/Magic/Mystery/Supernatural/Trick