Song Lyric Sunday is a vehicle for music, it allows people to share their songs and listen to the music provided by others. I lucked out getting to be the host of this challenge, as it does not take much work on my part. It sort of runs itself, because the usual suspects always show up again and again every week. I guess SLS can be compared to one of those new self driving vehicles, or an autonomous car, or a robot car. I want to thank all of the participants for continuing to come back every week. Last week we had a few songs that were duplicated and I am fine with that as some songs are more popular than others. I have this idea in my head that may remedy this, by letting the contestants call dibs on a song that they want to write about that will match the upcoming prompts. This would create more work for me, which I am willing to do, but only if people think that this is a good idea.
Our prompt for this week is Avenue/Boulevard/Drive/Lane/Road/Street which I don’t think requires any further explanation and also I am a bit tired, as I wrote 4 other posts today. I am certain that this category will work for everyone. Try to find a song that fits the prompt, then write your post and please be patient, and wait for me to approve your pingbacks, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not.
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
- Ping back to this post will eventually work, as long as you are being patient, but you can also place your link in the comments if you don’t like to wait.
- Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
- Feel free to suggest future prompts.
- Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘Life In The Fast Lane’ by the Eagles this week. Next week I will write about the song ‘Roadhouse Blues’ by The Doors. The upcoming prompts will be:
June 9, 2019 – Desire/Lust/Romance/Passion
June 16, 2019 – Dad/Father/Barbecue
June 23, 2019 – Cards/Dice/Gamble/Lose/Win
June 30, 2019 – Who/What/When/Where/Why/How