I don’t think that Trump is going to get that intervention that Pelosi suggested and Theresa May will make her exit before Brexit is decided. We won’t get into the Mississippi abortion ban because I have had enough politics for this post, and I want to get into some music and make this a memorable day. Memorial Day is a federal holiday in the United States for remembering and honoring people who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces. Memorial Day started out as a response to the unprecedented carnage of the Civil War, in which a total of some 620,000 soldiers died between both sides. The holiday was originally called Decoration Day because of the practice of decorating graves with flowers, wreaths and flags. In 1971, the Memorial Day holiday was shifted to be the last Monday in May. The Indianapolis 500 always takes place on the Sunday before Memorial Day along with many barbecues.
Awesome, bitchin’, boss, copacetic, crazy, excellent, fabulous, hunky dory, keen, neat, phat, righteous, slamin’, slick, spiffy, sweet, wicked, uptight and outta sight are all ways of saying Cool/Groovy/Hip/Nifty/Radical/Swell which is our prompt for this week. I am almost certain that this category will work, so everyone can find a song that fits the prompt. Select your song, write your post and please be patient, and wait for me to approve your pingbacks, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not.
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
- Ping back to this post will eventually work, as long as you are being patient, but you can also place your link in the comments if you don’t like to wait.
- Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
- Feel free to suggest future prompts.
- Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘Wild Thing’ by The Troggs this week. Next week I will write about the song ‘Life In The Fast Lane’ by the Eagles. The upcoming prompts will be:
June 2, 2019 – Avenue/Boulevard/Drive/Lane/Road/Street
June 9, 2019 – Desire/Lust/Romance/Passion
June 16, 2019 – Dad/Father/Barbecue
June 23, 2019 – Cards/Dice/Gamble/Lose/Win