On May 19th in 1536, Anne Boleyn the second wife of English King Henry VIII, was beheaded at the Tower of London on charges of adultery, incest and treason. Pete Townshend was born on this day in 1945. Joey Ramone was born on this day in 1951. In 1958, the soundtrack album for South Pacific went to #1 and stayed at #1 for 31 weeks. Also in 1958, Bobby Darin released his single, ‘Splish Splash’. In 1960, The Drifters recorded ‘Save the Last Dance For Me’. In 1962, Marilyn Monroe sang Happy Birthday to the U.S. President John F. Kennedy. In 1965, FBI agents visited Wand Records to investigate the lyrics to the song ‘Louie Louie’ by the Kingsmen. In 1975, The Eagles released the single ‘One Of These Nights’.
Dawn refers to the time around the solar event known as sunrise. Dusk corresponds to the time period when the sun sets. Noon refers to the time that is just around 12pm, which is supposed to be the middle of the day. Midnight refers to the exact time of 0000/2400 hours, but most people also include the time just around it. Nocturnal refers to something that is done, occurs, or is active at night. Diurnal is something that takes place during the day, or it could mean that it happens each day or is done daily. Dawn/Noon/Dusk/Midnight/Nocturnal/Diurnal is the theme for today. I hope this category is broad enough, so everyone can find a song that fits the prompt. Select your song, write your post and please be patient, and wait for me to approve your pingbacks, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not.
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
- Ping back to this post will eventually work, as long as you are being patient, but you can also place your link in the comments if you don’t like to wait.
- Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
- Feel free to suggest future prompts.
- Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song Ripple’ by the Grateful Dead this week. Next week I will write about song ‘Wild Thing’ by The Troggs. The upcoming prompts will be:
May 26, 2019 – Cool/Groovy/Hip/Nifty/Radical/Swell
June 2, 2019 – Avenue/Boulevard/Drive/Road/Street
June 9, 2019 – Desire/Lust/Romance/Passion
June 16, 2019 – Dad/Father/Barbecue