I understand that some countries celebrate Mother’s Day on different days, and thanks to Peter I know that the UK this was on March 31, in Germany it is May 12 and in France it is May 26 this year, but here it is always the second Sunday in May for this celebration. Anna Jarvis held the first Mother’s Day in honor of her late mother on May 10, 1908, in West Virginia and this eventually became a national holiday here in the US and it is now an international holiday. The nonsense lyrics to the John Philip Sousa song ‘The Stars and Stripes Forever’ says to be kind to your web footed friends, as a duck could be somebody’s mother, but ducks and geese will imprint on a parent of their choosing, which allows them to be raised by others if their parents are gone. Even radicalized Jihadi terrorists have mothers, although they probably have been brainwashed not to respect any women.
Cass Elliot was a Mama and Stifler from the American Pie movies had a mom, although she probably never baked a pie, because that is not what one does when you are a MILF. I would bet that Whistler’s mother was an apple pie baking mother, or at least in her younger days, before she was confined to that rocking chair. The meaning of being a mother is virtually endless, as a mother can be many things to many people. On the whole a mother is a selfless, loving human who is more than willing to sacrifice almost all of their wants and needs for the wants and needs of their children. The theme today is Mom/Mother/Flowers. Pick up some flowers, or candy, or even a card for your mother. Better yet, give her a call or go visit her and tell her how much you love her. Select your song, write your post and please be patient, and wait for me to approve your pingbacks, or you can just place your link in the comments section. Supposedly the Happiness Engineers have fixed pingbacks on many bloggers sites, but I think that they hate me.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not.
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
- Ping back to this post will eventually work, as long as you are being patient, but you can also place your link in the comments if you don’t like to wait.
- Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
- Feel free to suggest future prompts.
- Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘Mama Told Me Not To Come’ made famous by Three Dog Night this week. Next week I will write about song ‘Ripple’ by the Grateful Dead. The upcoming prompts will be:
May 19, 2019 – Dawn/Noon/Dusk/Midnight/Nocturnal/Diurnal
May 26, 2019 – Cool/Groovy/Hip/Nifty/Radical/Swell
June 2, 2019 – Avenue/Boulevard/Drive/Road/Street
June 9, 2019 – Desire/Lust/Romance/Passion