The bunnies are busy decorating their eggs and the sound of music is in the air, well at least it is here on Song Lyric Sunday. The Masters Tournament will culminate today, that is if you like watching golf and if there are no postponements. Tiger is only two strokes off the lead. I like to watch golf when I am tired, as after a few holes, I always seem to nod off, because it is such a peaceful sport. All golf courses are not created equal and Augusta National Golf Course is really something special. Spring has sprung, well at least in Georgia where this tournament is played.
In the US, this Winter of 2018-2019 has been and still is a harsh one, as some people feel that this winter will just not quit, because of all the teeth-chattering cold along with plenty of snow fall accumulations. There have been bomb cyclones, arctic outbreaks, abundant snowfall, flooding, and an unseasonably warm weather in Alaska. We have that El Niño weather pattern to blame again, which works out fine for the skiers and snowboarders. It is not so bad here in Florida, but we do have to deal with lizards.
That will have to be enough about the weather and seasons for now, as I don’t want to get ahead of myself as this will be the topic for next week’s challenge. Last week the prompt was Burn/Fire/Flame and we had some real hot music, but this week the prompt is Freeze/Cold/Ice and I hope that we have some cool tunes. Freeze can be described as the condition when liquid changes to the solid state because it lost heat. There actually is no cold, as this is only the absence of heat, just as dark is the absence of light. Ice may be thought of as water turning into a brittle transparent crystalline solid. Please be patient, and wait for me to approve your pingbacks, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not.
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
- Ping back to this post will eventually work, as long as you are being patient, but you can also place your link in the comments if you don’t like to wait.
- Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
- Feel free to suggest future prompts.
- Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘Built To Last’ by the Grateful Dead this week. Next week I will write about the Simon and Garfunkel song ‘A Hazy Shade of Winter’. The upcoming prompts will be:
April 21, 2019 – Seasons/Winter/Spring/Summer/Fall
April 28, 2019 – Boogie/Rock/Rolling Stone
May 5, 2019 – Hurt/Pain/Agony/Suffer
May 12, 2019 – Mom/Mother/Flowers