At least it seems that way, as the Rolling Stone is expected to make a full recovery after having a heart valve replacement procedure. The 75 year old performer works out with an emphasis on stamina and balance, which explains his ability to sing and move continuously during a concert without becoming short of breath. Jagger said that he is feeling much better and he thanked everyone for their messages of support. People say that he covers 8 miles on stage dancing and strutting during an average concert and when he was younger this was said to be 12. Mick is known for saying, “Anything worth doing is worth overdoing” and he once said, “I’d rather be dead than singing ‘Satisfaction’ when I’m forty-five.” I just watched The Rolling Stones Olé, Olé, Olé! Documentary on Netflix the other night and the ‘Satisfaction’ that they played in Havana was the best I ever heard.
This week the prompt is Burn/Fire/Flame, which are all related to heat, so let’s put together some smokin’ hot songs for this week. To burn means to undergo rapid combustion or consume fuel in such a way as to give off heat, gases, and, usually, light. Fire comes from a chemical reaction between oxygen in the atmosphere and some sort of fuel. A flame is a hot glowing body of ignited gas that is generated by something that is on fire. I ask again for you to be patient, and wait for me to approve your pingbacks, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not.
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
- Ping back to this post will eventually work, as long as you are being patient, but you can also place your link in the comments if you don’t like to wait.
- Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
- Feel free to suggest future prompts.
- Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘Gimme Some Lovin’’ by the Spencer Davis Group this week. Next week I will write about the Grateful Dead song ‘Built To Last’. The upcoming prompts will be:
April 14, 2019 – Freeze/Cold/Ice
April 21, 2019 – Seasons/Winter/Spring/Summer/Fall
April 28, 2019 – Boogie/Rock/Rolling Stone
May 5, 2019 – Hurt/Pain/Agony/Suffer