Daylight Saving Time starts on the second Sunday in March of every year in the North America and this requires you to move your clock forward by one hour, which might result in you losing sleep. In Europe this will begin on the last Sunday in March. Outside of North America and Europe, the time adjustment is only practiced in a very small number of countries, so only about a quarter of the world’s population actually observe Daylight Saving Time. At 2:00:00 am the clocks are turned forward 1 hour to become 3:00:00 am. This is also national Check Your Batteries Day which is important for household appliances like smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors. March Tenth is also International Day of Awesomeness, so please contribute a totally awesome song today where the prompt is “Animal”.
People aren’t the only animals that can carry a tune and everyone is probably aware that birds and insects sing, but some other animals also engage in singing usually to attract a mate, or this can be done to defend its territory. Male mice sing “ultrasonic” love songs while flirting with female mice, but some male mice are better at wooing by song than others, which leads to “rock stars” in the mouse world. Frogs, Toadfish. Humpback whales, Killer whales, Beluga whales, Mexican free-tailed bats and Antelope squirrels are all able to sing. I look forward to reading everybody’s posts and I urge you again to please be patient, as I losing an hour of sleep, but I will still do my best to approve your pingbacks ASAP.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not.
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
- Ping back to this post will eventually work, as long as you are being patient.
- Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
- Feel free to suggest future prompts.
- Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘Celia of the Seals’ by Donovan this week. The upcoming prompts will be:
March 17, 2019 – School/Books/Learning
March 24, 2019 – Minutes/Hours/Days/Weeks/Months
March 31, 2019 – Record/Juke Box/DJ/Radio
April 7, 2019 – Burn/Fire/Flame