This title only works if you live in the Northern Hemisphere. As Prince wrote in his song ‘Let’s Go Crazy’, “Dearly beloved. We are gathered here today. To get through this thing called life.” No actually we are here today for another episode of SLS Helen Vahdati’s This Thing Called Life One Word at a Time Song Lyric Sunday. The prompt for this week is Harmony/Melody/Music, so let’s light it up, set it off, kick it into gear, let it rip, start jamming, let the dogs out, release the hounds and get the party started.
Carlos Santana said, “There’s a melody in everything. And once you find the melody, then you connect immediately with the heart. Because sometimes English or Spanish, Swahili or any language gets in the way. But nothing penetrates the heart faster than the melody. Jimmy Page said, “Many people think of me as just a riff guitarist, but I think of myself in broader terms. As a musician I think my greatest achievement has been to create unexpected melodies and harmonies within a rock and roll framework.” Mahatma Gandhi said, “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” Hans Christian Andersen wrote in his book What The Moon Saw, “Where words fail, music speaks.” I hope that everyone will contribute a song today and please be patient again, as I will do my best to approve your pingbacks ASAP.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not.
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
- Ping back to this post will eventually work, as long as you are being patient.
- Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
- Feel free to suggest future prompts.
- Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘Unchained Melody’ sung by Bobby Hatfield of The Righteous Brothers this week. The upcoming prompts will be:
March 3, 2019 – Occupation
March 10, 2019 – Animal
March 17, 2019 – School/Books/Learning
March 24, 2019 – Minutes/Hours/Days/Weeks/Months