We gather here today for another episode of SLS Helen Vahdati’s This Thing Called Life One Word at a Time Song Lyric Sunday. The prompt this week is “Ocean/Sea/Lake/Bay”, which should make for some interesting posts. Cohesion in water is the property that makes water molecules attracted to one another and Hydrogen bonds cause water to be exceptionally attracted to each other. A body of water is any significant accumulation of water, and it most often refers to oceans, seas, and lakes, but it includes smaller pools of water such as ponds, wetlands, and even puddles. Oceans are the ultimate bodies of water on Earth and a sea is a large expanse of saline water connected with an ocean. A lake is an enclosed body usually made up of freshwater, however there are landlocked bodies of water that have concentrations of salts. A bay is a recessed, coastal body of water that directly connects to a larger main body of water and it is larger than a cove.
Orsino is asking for more music because he is frustrated in his courtship of Countess Olivia. He muses that an excess of music might cure his obsession with love, in the way that eating too much can removes one’s appetite for food. The famous line comes from Shakespeare’s play the Twelfth Night, “If music be the food of love, play on” and with that thought in mind, lets savor the songs submitted for this challenge today. The Song Lyric Sunday challenge is the highlight of my week and I look forward to reading everyone’s contributions, but the Super bowl is on today and as long as it is not a blowout, I will be watching the game. There will be plenty of commercials that will allow me to check on your pingbacks, but sometimes even the Super bowl commercials are fun to watch. Again, I urge patience and I will do my best to approve your pingbacks ASAP.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not.
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
- Ping back to this post will eventually work, as long as you are being patient.
- Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
- Feel free to suggest future prompts.
- Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the Led Zeppelin song ‘The Ocean’ this week. The upcoming prompts will be:
February 10, 2019 – River/Stream/Brook
February 17, 2019 – Hill/Mountain
February 24, 2019 – Harmony/Melody/Music
March 3, 2019 – Occupation