Like Arnold Schwarzenegger said, “I am back.” I am still filling in as the guest host for SLS Helen Vahdati’s This Thing Called Life One Word at a Time Song Lyric Sunday. Di at pensitivity101 suggested the prompt of “No”, and even though “no” stands for nitric oxide which I think would be hard to find songs about, we are using this two letter tiny one syllable word “no” that means something negative. I did bother to look up songs and I found that there are enough songs that can work with this prompt, and the ones that I found all seemed to be fun. Feel free to suggest future prompts.
Plato said, “Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything” and that sounds like a good reason for us to be here today. This SLS challenge went much better last week after everyone got used to my pingback problems. My post title contains lyrics from the Beatles song ‘Getting Better’, and when McCartney said, “It’s getting better all the time”, Lennon replied, “Can’t get no worse!” Does anyone have an update on Helen? I have not heard anything from Helen, but I am hoping that she is getting better. We will keep this Song Lyric Sunday challenge going as long as all of you special blogger contestants keep showing up, because of your love for music. Again, I urge patience on your part, as I will be continuously checking for pingback requests which I will approve immediately.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not.
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due.
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and if you desire you can provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
- Ping back to this post will eventually work, as long as you are being patient.
- Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
- Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘Death Don’t Have No Mercy’ this week and yes it is a bit morbid. The upcoming prompts will be:
February 3, 2019 – Ocean/Sea/Lake/Bay
February 10, 2019 – River/Stream/Brook
February 17, 2019 – Hill/Mountain
February 24, 2019 – Harmony/Melody/Music