Since nobody has kicked me out yet, I am still filling in as the guest host for SLS Helen Vahdati’s This Thing Called Life One Word at a Time Song Lyric Sunday. Mary B who blogs at http://www.jinglejanglejungle.net has suggested the prompt of “Crying/Sadness” and crying is supposed to be a healthy human response, while sadness is useful for alerting us to how we need to treat ourselves, and also as to how we want to be treated by others. I didn’t bother to look to find if there are enough songs that can work with this prompt, but I think that everyone should be able to find something to fit the theme. Feel free to suggest future prompts.
Friedrich Nietzsche said, “Without music life would be a mistake” and I tend to agree with him on this. This SLS challenge is unique from most of the other writing challenges on WordPress as the Usual Suspects seem to show up every week, because of their love of music. My biggest problem with being the host is the pingback problem, which reared it ugly head last week. All of the pingbacks went through, but the WordPress Happiness Engineers say that I need to manually approve any pingback before it will show up on my post. I am disappointed with this and if you want to get around this you can always paste your link in the comments section of this post, especially if you don’t want to wait on me. I urge patience on your part as I will be continuously checking for pingback requests which I will approve immediately.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not.
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search.
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics.
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
- Ping back to this post will eventually work, so please be patient.
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
- Have fun and enjoy the music
I will be writing about Howlin’ Wolf’s song Smokestack Lightnin’ today. The next three weeks are all sep up to give everyone more time to figure out what song they want to use.
January 27, 2019 – No
February 3, 2019 – Ocean/Sea/Lake/Bay
February 10, 2019 – River